Friday, June 23, 2006

Irene the Weasle


Seems I have two awkward situations to weasle myself out of this morning. The first being the hasty deletion of my blog. During a brief period of self-loathing (due to recent events ike the one described below), I decided I no longer could afford the distraction of posting. That was foolhardy and just plain cruel to those of my fans who suffered alarm and confusion.

So here's one incident that has occured in the last 12 hours that will help shed some light on just how over-extended I am feeling these days. My son lost another tooth yesterday and drifted off to sleep last night with the bicuspid beneath his pillow. He woke this morning and promptly reported that the tooth fairy had not paid a visit. Right. That's because the tooth fairy drifted off to sleep with a novel on her chest and awoke this morning preoccupied with the day's agenda. Fortunately my son, (who I suspect may be on to the tooth fairy,) was not terribly upset, but was looking for an explanation. So I hemmed and hawed and muttered something about how I seem to recollect a similar incident occuring to me as a youth. But as I putzed around the kitchen, riddled with guilt, I remembered that last night cowboys 1 and 2 were caught pilfering candy out of the kitchen. So I poked my head between my son and the t.v. and suggested to him that perhaps the Tooth Fairy was aware of the candy stealing that he had been party to. He considered this with a bit of a guilty grin on his face. I said that the Tooth Fairy probably suspected the tooth had fallen out due to negligence (too much candy consumption) and that the tooth would not be covered in the Tooth Fairy's policy. Do you know? I think he bought it.

10 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

You are just plain S-A-D!!! I think there is a pill out there for bipolar disorder which can minimize your manic behavior. In any case, I welcome your return and look forward to our verbal jousting...

5:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really shouldn't poke fun at the mentally ill.
-Doug Duncan

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had a few busy days myself - but don't know what I would have done if my weekly dose of Irene was not there when I logged on this morning. Glad to see you are still alive and (somewhat) kicking!

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to go...taking full atvantage of an innocent and trusting son...you should be ashamed of yourself...a shame that hopefully will be more painful than that of a child candy theif.

-a better (but not funnier) mom than you

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God Irene has seen the light
She really gave us quite a fright.
We love the hairy little tart
We love the way she’s tough and smart.
She manages her house of boys
With all the chaos and the noise.
Her blog is clever and it’s fun
There is no way she’ll be outdone.
We’d rather slit our throat with knife
Than read the blog of St. Paul’s wife.

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Irene needs a HUG!

6:32 AM  
Blogger Poetry Echoes said...

Don't even try to make a pathetic excuse to close Irene's Scene forever. You are not allowed. Period. Remember, I'm driving through your neighborhood in mid-July on my way home from vacation, and I can make it a point to make our pit stop at the Stoker Inn!

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say I am saddened that your past postings are no longer available. On sleepless nights I would go back re-read them. Laughing again in all the same places.

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheez. By the time Irene gets around to her next post, her cowboys may have dentures!

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home