Friday, June 30, 2006

Preparations

Hello. If I've been remiss in posting, it is because I have been caught up in the extensive preparations for my role as Godmother this weekend. Suburban Warrior's offspring shall, at long last, be welcomed into the fold. Rejoice and be glad!

Yesterday I busied myself choosing the perfect gift and card. Today is devoted to quiet meditation and reflection. Tomorrow, well, the spotlight's on me and I just hope I can render myself somewhat hairless for the occasion. Fortunately it is an evening event, so I have all day to work on my appearance. The Mach II is at the ready.

In cultural news, I'd like to comment on a good theatrical performance. Earlier this week the Handyman and I saw "Spamalot!" It was marvelous! The only downside to the evening was that it took us, from our suburban home, exactly 2.5 hours to get to National Theater. That was due to extreme gridlock because of the heavy rains. Our plan was to dine before the show. (Forutnately the always-prepared Irene had a stash of granola bars and gummies in the mini van.) I also tripped on my heels and skinned my knee as we literally ran from the car to the theater. But alas, readers...only a flesh wound!

Not much else to say today. Camp Stoker is in high gear with activity. This week it's soccer camp for 2 out of 3 of the lads. Next week we celebrate the birth of our nation and cap off the week with a family reunion in Pennsylvania (Handyman's side).

May you and yours have a delightful Fourth.

11 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

Oh, I forgot to tell you...we had Eileen baptized last week. We don't need you afterall...

5:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mach II, Schick Quattro...whatever it takes. But if you get too busy, just be careful with the flame of the Baptismal candle.

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were meditating and reflecting today? Is that secret code for spending hours in the confessional?

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where there is Thunder, there is lightening!!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Poetry Echoes said...

Okay, if you will be in PA when we are heading North after our super vacation, just leave the light on and the key under the door mat. We'll clean up before we leave and you won't even know we were there. Well, maybe just a little, but it probably will look all familiar to you anyway, just one cowboy extra.

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How 'bout preppin' for a new POST!

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Officer Blog, please note Irene's Preparations post closed with a wish for a "delightful" fourth. Translated, "i'll post after we celebrate our nation's independence."

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

G. Gordon...did I say anything about posting prior to our Independence Day? I don't think so. Go break into another building!

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess the Baptism turned into an exorcism based on your absence from posting.

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess the scene that is Irene,
Is a blog that’s really lean.
We’d hoped for a trampoline,
Found instead a dull routine.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home