Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Things Get Messy Meeting Uncle Jesse


My neck is feeling a little better. Thanks for asking.

I want to take a moment to post about a most exciting adventure I partook in last weekend. The Beach Boys concert...with John Stamos! A friendly relative of mine got me a few tickets and some backstage passes. I took my 8-year-old as he is a new fan of "Full House" and particularly, Uncle Jesse. Also with us was a friend of mine and 3 other younguns. Feeling very important, we all swaggered back stage after the show, proudly sporting our backstage passes. John was supposed to be there waiting with open arms...but, to be quite blunt, he blew us off. Apparently he was in a hurry to get some food in that rock-star tummy and made a speedy exit from the Filene Center, not leaving so much as a note for us on his dressing room door. It was a sad, sad scene.

Well, let me tell you, I didn't get this far in life being demure. A bold and resourceful Irene made a few calls, found out exactly where Uncle Jesse had scurried off to, and declared, "Let the wild goose chase begin!" The Honda Odyssey careened on two wheels as it entered 495 and whipped halfway 'round the beltway to our destination. In no time flat we had tracked down John's lil' ass at a dive in Chevy Chase, noshing on crabs. My entourage and I (still sporting our backstage passes) waltzed right in and interrupted his dinner, but he was truly delightful about the intrusion and took the time to chat and sign autographs and pose for a few pictures. What a guy!

That's all for today. Stay cool in this oppressive heat, my readers!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same thing happened to me in Malibu this weekend with Mel Gibson.

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Irene! Glad the Full House fan got an autograph and photo. I bet the goose chase was more fun than the concert.

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Irene, YOU DEFINITELY HAVE TOOOO MUCH FREEEE TIME ON YOUR HANDS!!! SHOULD WE CALL YOU "NIGHT STALKER?"

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just call her brilliant.

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous, that is something Irene would say...HMMMMMM.

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

regardless, she is brilliant.

4:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most definitely brilliant.

4:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't trust ANYTHING John Stamos says.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Poetry Echoes said...

Irene. You are so cool. Can I have YOUR autograph??

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did his hair look as cool in person as it did on the show?

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He will always be "Blackie" to me. But John Stamos the serious actor doesn't list GH on his official homepage bio. I don't know about you but it irritates me when actors fail to acknowledge their soap starts.

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home