Saturday, March 14, 2009

Earl, R.I.P.


"Do you remember sixth grade? Well, I do, because I was thrust into it for five consecutive days this week as a substitute teacher. It is everything you remember except you are 3 times bigger and smellier because you have been eating too much unorganic chicken & milk. On Wednesday, I brought some Febreze in with me. By some small miracle, both Smithers the class fish and I survived the week."

O.K., friends. That was written back in February, so I apologize for the delay to print. Needless to say, I survived the sixth grade "experience" and here I am at the end of another school year. Yahoo! Bring on summer. I've had about enough of keeping up with prodding those little Cowboys into doing their homework, studying for SOLs, shuttling them to soccer & baseball practice. Enough! Fetch me a mint julep and call it a school year, will ya?


So what's new w/you? I am mourning the end of Earl. It was a good run (four seasons!) but nevertheless, what is life without a weekly dose of Crab Man? And Joy? We hardly knew ye. Yes, my clever sibling can check "created emmy-winning sit-com" off his list and I'm sure he's on to bigger & better things, yet I pine for more trailer park shenanigans.


Hoping your June finds you yearning for Summertime!! xoxox, Irene














posted by Irene at 5:02 AM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Ginger said...

Well I'm back from vacation and surfing the net,
Here's long-lost Irene who I'd begun to forget.
Sounds like her world's still the perfect utopia,
Schedule as brimming as a cornucopia.
So sorry to hear that Earl is now dead,
What has the sibling come up with instead?

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Ginger said...

Are you ever nostalgic about the old Irene's Scene days - I am!

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home