Friday, February 02, 2007

Weekly Update


Hello friends. It's Friday and it's been awhile since I've posted. Got a little extra time, so I thought I'd bring you up to speed on my shenanigans. First off, shout out to Aunt Meggy, sis to Suburban Warrior. She had her fourth yesterday, and you can read more about it here. Hooray!

And speaking of babies, my brother's wife's fourth ultrasound was FINALLY conclusive as far as determining gender. A boy! That makes six grandsons for mis padres. iDios mio! I'm a bit disappointed as they had contemplated naming a girl after me. Oh, well. We certainly love boys around here, so the little cowboy should integrate quite nicely.

On the nightstand (beside the KY-Jelly...) Nora Ephron's "I Feel Bad About My Neck." Finished it in an afternoon. She's not as funny as I thought, but it did keep me interested. On deck: "Peony" by Pearl Buck.

And I'm very sad to relate that my foolish flabby ass has been roped in (yet again) to taking over another PTA-sponsored activity at the elementary school. This time that of chess club coordinator. I proposed making it a Boggle/Chess Club, but was voted down. But for lack of anyone else to coordinate it, Irene will be busy w/pawns and rooks and the like from now until the beginning of May. Last year there was talk that the chess club was "too competitive"--keeping score and what not. At the first meeting, I plan to divide the kids into two groups: winners and losers.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you!! Consider mixing it up with Star Wars and Simpson's chess sets! Also, chess club movie nights featuring the bio movie on Bobby Fisher! Irene, you have been empowered to make chess "sick" (Cool). And you can make cookies cutout like chess pieces for snacks. WOW! Also, your idea to divide into winners and losers ---- very funny!

4:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Figures you would get roped into the CHEST CLUB...I mean Chess Club.

4:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on, Irene. Of COURSE the baby is a boy! Did you really think there was a possibility of there being a girl in the mix of cowboys? Hey, and I'm speculating here, but what are the odds that the last couple of letters of the little guy's first name will end with 'an' or 'en'??

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kerblogess, you changed your name. what gives?

12:13 PM  
Blogger Poetry Echoes said...

That wasn't supposed to happen. I'm still me. Kerri, Kerbloggess. Whatever.

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But Irene, it's not politcally correct to call them winners or LOSERS! Kudos to you!!!!
The world needs ditch diggers too!

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are you Irene?

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where, oh where, is sweet Irene?
At the scene she’s not been seen.
Does she have a painful spleen?
Chess club refusing to convene?
Cooking up some fancy cuisine?
Arm stuck in a vending machine?
Cowboys break computer screen?
Hope it’s nothing really obscene.

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least post about your Oscar picks! Judi Dench rocks in Notes of a Scandal. Little Miss Sunshine is pathetic --- just shows you how Hollywood and "I Did Not Sleep With That Woman" Clinton have numbed society to decent values and standards. Anyhoo ... what do you think Irene?

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to be fair: Clinton did not sleep with that woman. Nor did he have sexual intercourse with her. One could just as easily look to the religious leaders of today and find fault/sexual promiscuity there.

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your right Anonymous. Slick "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky. I never told anybody to lie, not a single time; never. These allegations are false." Willie just enjoyed a BJ in the Oval Office.
What a way to go down in history...no pun intended.

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evidently your readers have taken over your blog Irene. What's up?

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Irene is in seclusion watching and reading countless coverage of Anna Nicole's burial/custody of baby news. She's developed a cruch on Howard K Stern in the process.

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is Little Miss Sunshine pathetic? I don't think we can blame the so called "moral decline of society" on Hollywood. Take responsibility for yourself and your own slutty ways.

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home