Thursday, November 09, 2006

Borat and Boggle


Well, we're back from our short getaway and so is our lil' fur muffin, Haley dog. If you recall, she spent four days chillin' at Suburban Warrior's crib. So a big shout out to my girl SW for taking wonderful care of our beloved family pet. Respect!

Has anyone seen "Borat"...other than my parents? I really want to see it, so I guess I'll be heading out solo to my local cinema. I tried arranging a girls' movie night two weeks ago to see The Queen. No takers. It's actually getting comical--me trying to organize "friends" to go out. Maybe it's time to join Netflix. Or clean my vagina.

But even if I have no friends, there is a very special something about me that I'd like to share. NOBODY BEATS ME AT BOGGLE. At the beach, I played against a bevy of opponents and became so bored with my staggering wins that I finally suggested trying to beat their scores collectively. I did. Then we tried giving me 1.5 minutes instead of the 3 minutes all the other players were allowed. I still won handedly. Yawn. I need some real competition. Bring it on.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time for Irene to Break out the Brillo Pad!

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your list of talents is mind "boggling".

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Odd. I don't think I've ever been asked to join you at the movies.

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Irene,
My dear husband and I would love to go see that movie with you! Or perhaps a certain group of women might see it in Richmond next weekend!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

Miss Kitty, your tom cat always seems to be away. I just assume you are unavailable! "Me," I am up for catching a flick w/you chicks this weekend. Let's just not make it a tearjerker like last time. (Million Dollar Baby).

5:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take my advice, I'm not using it. Listen, whatever you do, DON'T waste your time and money on "Borat". It is the absolute worst movie I've ever seen. And to think that it is rising in popularity each week from the support of the American public is very disturbing.

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When do the holiday feel-good movies hit the theaters?

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has your bro ever thought of matching up Blackie w/Jessica Simpson?? I think it is a match made in heaven. And right up Papa Simpson's musical alley. Hmmm.

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Irene, reminder. It's time to BLOGGLE.

4:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just returned from THE QUEEN. Two thumbs up! Don't wait for Netflix.

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gobble gobble

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home