Friday, October 13, 2006

FRIDAY THE 13TH

The agile monkey (my husband) has swung from his handyman branch to his hunting branch and is presently perched high atop a tree stand as I type this entry. He will be there until nightfall, and he will return again to his redneck perch at 5 a.m. tomorrow. Never mind I had a work deadline to meet this evening. Soccer practice to get one cowboy to. Three soccer games in the morning. Three soccer photos in the morning. And a wedding present to shop for and wrap. I guess I'll be up at 5 a.m. as well, simply to run the household, while his agile-monkeyness looks for viscious deer to slay. But am I bitter? Heck no.

At least I can say I had a fulfilling day chaperoning the third grade to Colonial Farm, a working tobacco farm in southern Maryland. The kids learned all about how to grow and dry their own tobacco! I can't wait to put those little tobacco seedlings in the ground come springtime! Truth be told, it was a fascinating trip, and I even received a round of applause and cheering on the bus ride home when I bravely picked up (yuck) a daddy long-legs spider who apparently wanted to make a break from the farm. I picked him up by one of his lengthy legs and tossed him out of the bus window onto 495. The children were so impressed!

I am waiting for more reunion photos before I post the details about that event. Suffice to say it was really very fun. Everyone looked better than I had secretly hoped they would. But other than that, it was all very good. As I've told several friends, I'm enjoying the fact that it is now over and I can let my teeth return to their normal shade of tan and also let all my facial hair grow back in.

Have a great weekend and enjoy those crisp fall temperatures!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you. You are a wondeful friend.

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Miss Kitty afraid that Irene will go into too much detail about the reunion??? Is that what this love fest is all about???

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no, just nostalgic. and grateful i have incredible friends.

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss Kitty (Romy) and Irene (Michelle) are fearful that everyone will discover that they DID NOT invent post-its and those were not their Jaguar's parked out front.

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mia culpa, mia culpa.

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mea culpa, mea cupla.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home